Being a digital nomad is a trend that has gained many followers around the world. These are people who work remotely using the internet to offer products or services to all kinds of customers as they travel the world and are filled with new experiences every day.
More than a working modality, it is a way of life that brings interesting benefits and an increasingly common trend in different countries thanks to the possibilities offered by digital tools. This is how 54% of those who consider themselves digital nomads travel full-time, while the remaining 46% say they travel part-time. In addition, 51% say they live in hotels.
If you want to know more about the life of digital nomads, below we will tell you all the details you want to know about how remote work works while you move around the world and what tools are essential to lead this lifestyle.
The Advantages of being a Digital Nomad
Without a doubt, generational change is one of the main factors that have given way to this way of life that raises a change in priorities: fewer material goods and more life experiences that allow you to learn. In return, digital nomads enjoy great benefits:
Remote work gives you the freedom to move when you want and work from anywhere in the world (as long as you have a good connection). Thus, you can have your office in the middle of a forest or on the edge of the sea, a privilege that would be unthinkable in the traditional way of working.
Generally, digital nomads do not work on a schedule, but rather their work is organized into goals that must be achieved in a given time, which requires being very disciplined and responsible.
For this reason, if you decide to jump into the nomadic lifestyle, you can organize your work according to your own convenience and thus you will always have space for a relaxing getaway.
The fact of changing places every so often gives you infinite options to make good contacts and access jobs in different countries. Since everything works digitally, it doesn’t matter where you are as long as you can accomplish your tasks.
Who can follow the digital nomad lifestyle?
In theory, we can all make some changes in our habits to adapt to this new way of life. Without going any further, the context of the global health crisis has pushed many people to adopt teleworking as a new labor paradigm, in the absence of other options that allow them to continue working in person.
It is estimated that, during the pandemic, the number of workers who perform their functions under this formula went from 4.8% of those employed in 2019 to 34%, which poses a challenge for those who are less familiar with the new technologies.
However, as some jobs work mostly through digital platforms, there are certain professions where it is easier to be a digital nomad. Some are:
- Programming and web design
- Online Consultant
- Copywriting and web writer
- Online translator
- Digital Marketing Analyst
- Social media
Teleworking tools that are at the service of digital nomads
If you want to perform professionally remotely, you need some tools for teleworking that you cannot miss:
Portable: choose one that meets all your work needs. Most of the professions that digital nomads pursue require high-performance equipment, so stay up-to-date on the latest technologies.
External hard drive and storage: always useful to extend your storage capacity and, more importantly, to have a backup of your most important files. Also, don’t forget about cloud storage, so you can access your work from anywhere. Platforms such as Dropbox and Movistar Cloud offer fast and intuitive solutions.
Powerbank: You can’t run out of battery! This is essential for every digital nomad. Thanks to technologies like ChargedUp you can count on powerbanks wherever you go. ChargedUp is the most extensive network of phone chargers in Europe and it allows you to get this portable tool when you need it, take it with you and return it at any of the available stations. Discover the points where you can withdraw your powerbank easily, quickly and safely, on the ChargedUp website.
Online platforms: having some labor management software will allow you to better organize yourself wherever you go. Microsoft Teams is a platform that helps you organize teamwork through digital dashboards; Slack, for its part, will allow you to stay in touch with your customers in a more comfortable and professional way.
Power adapter: if you travel to other countries you will notice that in some places the power outlets are different, and you will need an adapter to connect your devices.